ERAA 3rd Grade Tackle Bar & 4th Grade Tackle Football Parents,
Football is right around the corner and this year brings some exciting changes to the program. While 3rd grade will continue to be an introduction to safe tackling via Tackle Bar, 4th grade has made the transition to Tackle football. This year we have almost fifty 3rd graders out for tackle bar and almost forty five 4th grader starting their journey into tackle football. As a result, we will have three teams at the 3rd grade level playing 9 v 9 tackle bar and 2 larger teams at the 4th grade level playing 11 v 11 tackle. We have experienced head coaches leading the charge at both levels and coaching staffs that are excited about developing your players love and understanding of the game. Below are a couple important dates to put on your calendar.
• July 18th, 19th or 20th (3:30-5:30pm) & July 21st (6-7:30pm) – Equipment fitting and pick up at the East Ridge Green Field Pavilion. One back up date will be available the week of July 25th and August 1st.
• Thursday, July 28th (7-8:30pm) – coaches only, mandatory virtual “Chalk Talk” with Coach Fritze via Zoom, which will be recorded for those that cannot listen live
• Monday, August 1st (6-7:30pm) – 3rd & 4th grade evaluations at Liberty Ridge Elementary School. This will be in full pads and remember to bring cleats, mouth guard and a water bottle.
• Thursday, August 4th (6-7:30pm) – all 3rd grade practice together and 4th grade will practice together at Liberty Ridge Elementary School.
• Team placement – coaching staffs will be reaching out to parents about placement on a team by weeks end about dates/times for practices starting the week of August 8th.
• Sunday, August 14th (6pm) – ERAA football parents meeting at East Ridge High School Auditorium, for those interested in learning more about the program from ERAA High School Coach Fritze.
• Thursday, September 12th (4-8pm) – 3rd grade pictures at Cottage Grove MS, more details to come as we get closer.
• Thursday, September 15th (4-8pm) – 4th grade pictures at East Ridge High School, more details to come as we get closer.
We look forward to seeing all of your kids at evaluations as we begin to move forward toward starting another great football season!
Kevin Graham * ERAA Football Coordinator (3rd, 4th & 5th Grade) * 612-237-2010