ERAA basketball families:
The 2017-2018 season is fast approaching, and we wanted to remind you of a couple of key events and dates.
Make sure to check out the part below about the skills academy hosted by Bryce Tesdahl, our new ERAA boys basketball coach. We'd like to formally welcome Bryce and his staff to the ERAA community!
* Registration is open. Sign up before Aug. 15 to avoid a late fee, which is $40 for traveling; $20 for in-house. See the basketball page at ERAAMN.com for more details. Registration link is here. A reminder: We’ve added a 3rd grade boys traveling team this year.
* Interested in coaching? Make sure to sign up during the registration process (head coach or assistant) and submit a coaching application (head coaches only) by Aug. 31. See attached application for details.
* Pre-tryout clinic for traveling basketball. This is an introduction/review of evaluation drills at East Ridge High School on Sunday, Sept. 10. Boys and girls grades 3-6 will be from 2:45-4:15. Boys and girls 7th/8th grade will be from 4:30-6.
* Boys traveling tryouts:
(players must attend both sessions)
Sunday, Sept. 17: Day 1 for 3rd grade (4-5 p.m.), 4th (5:30-7), and 5th (7:30-9)
Sunday, Sept. 24: Day 2 for 3rd grade (4-5 p.m.), 4th (5:30-7), and 5th (7:30-9)
Saturday, Sept. 30: Day 1 for 6th grade (4-5:30 p.m.), 7th (6-7:30), and 8th (8-9:30)
Sunday, Oct. 1: Day 2 for 6th grade (4-5:30 p.m.), 7th (6-7:30), and 8th (8-9:30)
* Girls traveling tryouts: Sept. 18-21 from 6:30-9:30 at ERHS
* New ERHS boys basketball head coach Bryce Tesdahl and his staff will conduct a fall skills academy on Sunday afternoons in October. This is a great opportunity for all kids in our program to prepare for the upcoming season and get to know our new coach, who is excited to work with our players. Cost is $75 for all five sessions and includes a t-shirt. Sign up through the South Washington Community Ed website.
* October. Evaluations for In-House boys and girls; practices begin for boys and girls Traveling.
* Early December. First of 11 Little Raptors sessions begin for 1st and 2nd grade boys and girls.
We're looking forward to the season ahead.
Welcome to the 2017-2018 Basketball Registration site hosted by East Ridge Athletic Association! Please note that per ERAA policy, your child must reside in the East Ridge High School attendance boundaries to participate in ERAA Basketball programs.
ERAA will be offering three basketball programs for the 2017-2018 season:
1 Traveling (boys grades 3-8; girls grades 4-8)
2 In-House (grades 3-9)
3 Lil' Raptors (1st and 2nd grade program)
Traveling Basketball - ERAA will be forming traveling boys and girls basketball teams in grades 3-8. Boys tryouts will occur on back-to back Sundays on September 17th and 24th for grades 3, 4 and 5, and the weekend of September 30-October 1 for grades 6, 7 and 8. Girls tryouts for all grades will occur September 18-21. Times will be announced at a later date. Team size and level of play will be determined after tryouts. The ERAA traveling basketball program includes 9 tournaments for the 3rd grade boys, 10 tournaments for 4th grade, and 11-12 tournaments for grades 5-8. There will be two practices per week (with a third practice added when possible for 7th and 8th grade) spread over the season that starts in early October and ends in mid- March. The registration fee for the ERAA traveling basketball program is $280 ($260 for 3rd and 4th grade). Only 3rd grade boys and 4th grade boys and girls will be required to get uniforms this year, although the option of getting a new uniform will be open to others as needed. The fee of $75 for these uniforms will be added to your registration fee total during this process. Should your child not be selected for a traveling team this fee along with you registration fee will be refunded.
Important note! As a parent in the ERAA Traveling Basketball program your time and energy is needed! ERAA Basketball will host two tournaments during the 2017-2018 season including the Raptor Classic Boys Tournament and The Raptor Classic Girls Tournament, both of which are important fundraisers for the Raptor basketball program. With this in mind, each Traveling family is required to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours (one 4 hour shift is required per each child registered, maximum of 2 shifts per family) during one of the tournaments. Volunteer time can be completed by working in areas ranging from concessions to admissions. A family may choose to opt out of their volunteer session by paying a $200.00 volunteer waiver fee which will be applied to your credit card payment upon registration. If you choose not to opt out you will be expected to complete the required volunteer time. If you do not opt out upon registration and then do not complete a volunteer session, your credit card will be automatically billed for the $200 volunteer waiver fee.
In House Basketball – ERAA will once again be partnering with WAA to create a recreational basketball league in Woodbury that allows East Ridge Raptor families to play on ERAA teams and Woodbury Royal families to play on WAA teams. ERAA will be forming In House boys and girls basketball teams in grades 3 – 9. Player evaluation and team formation sessions will take place in October. The ERAA in-house basketball program registration includes: East Ridge jersey, 10 - 12 league games, a season ending league tournament, and two practices per week spread over the season which starts in November and ends in February. The registration fee for the ERAA In-House basketball program is $165 for grades 3-6, and $175 for grades 7-9.
Lil’ Raptors - ERAA will hold a weekly 1-hour instructional basketball clinic program for boys and girls in grades 1 and 2, focused on learning the basic fundamental skills necessary to play the great game of basketball and have FUN doing it! The program will incorporate a heavy focus on skills & drills, some competition, and a lot of Raptor spirit. The ERAA “Lil’ Raptors” Hoops Clinics registration includes: East Ridge Basketball, “Lil’ Raptors” Hoops T-Shirt, and one clinic per week starting in November and ending in February. The registration fee for the Lil’ Raptors program is $75.
ERAA Basketball registration is open from July 25th through September 8th. Registrations taken after August 15th will be assessed a late fee of ($40) for traveling and ($20) for In-House. There is no late fee for the Lil’ Raptors program.
To complete registration through our secure site, please have your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or PayPal account information available.
If you feel this player may need to be considered for Scholarship Assistance, please contact Derek Simmons (see contact information below) BEFORE proceeding with this online registration.
Director of ERAA Basketball